Evanston Public Library Remote Access Login
To use this resource from outside the library you must be an Evanston
Enter all 14 digits from the front of your library card without any spaces.
- Why do I need to log in to use these on-line resources?
- Unlike free, ad supported websites, library online services are licensed for use by
Evanston residents only. We are required by the vendors to verify that home users are
- What if I don't have a library card?
- You will need to come
in to the Library to get one. You should bring ID with proof of address to show
you are an Evanston resident. Your library card will give you access to these resources
- What if I don't live in Evanston?
- You are welcome to come to the library and use these resources in person, although
we cannot allow remote access. However, almost all public libraries offer similar
online resources from home; go to publiclibraries.com to find your local public
- I am entering my library card number, but I still can't get
Check that you are entering the whole 14 digits correctly, without spaces. (You probably
did that already, but it never hurts to try the simple things first.) If your library card
number is not recognized by the system it is probably for one of three reasons: your card
has expired, there is an error in your record, or you got your card within the last few
- Library cards expire after 3 years: check the sticker on the front of the library
card telling you when the card expires. If your card has expired you will need to come
in to the library to renew it.
- If you are an Evanston resident with an unexpired card and you still can't get in,
either come in to any branch, or give us a call (847-448-8600) during our open hours
and we will check your record to make sure we entered it correctly.
- It takes a few hours for our access system to register new cards, so if you just
got your card wait a little while and try again. (If this problem persists for more
than 24 hours call us at 847-448-8600.)
- I can access the resource, but I need help using it.
- Call the Reference
desk at 847-448-8630 or IM us any time the library is open and a librarian will be
happy to get you started. You can also email us anytime. The next time you are in the
library, visit the 3rd floor and ask a Reference librarian for a guided tour of our
- I can access the resource, but not all of its features seem to be working
- It may be a browser specific issue; if you have another browser installed on your
computer you could try using that instead. If you're still having trouble, contact the
desk and we'll try to help.
Copyright EPL 1995-2008